Lights, Camera, Action!
Interviews can be hard…way harder than they look, so here are some tips to keep things focused.
No Background Noise! Keep pets and other people far away and out of the interview. People get nervous and talk a lot or not enough. Stay calm and set the pace with your questions. Make sure the lighting is good. Make sure the camera is still.
Be creative. Make it pretty. But try to stick to the general format.
Keep the process as simple, short, and focused as possible.
Ask questions 1 – 3 to start. Please ask 5 questions in total.
- Question 1: “What is your name and what Chapter are you a member of?”
- Question 2: “Who are your parents, siblings, children, grandchildren..?” (Important Note: Please have them write the names down also, and Try to add the names they list to the video while talking, or at the end.)
- Question 3: “What is your favorite part of being an Icarian?”
- Question 4: “Why is the Brotherhood important to you? Why and how have you stayed involved?”
- Question 5: “What is your favorite convention memory?”
- Question 6: “Tell me about your childhood. How was it different than your children’s/grandchildren’s?”
- Question 7: “Can you share a story where you overcame an obstacle (from your heritage, work, home life, school, friends)?
- Question 8: “What advice would you give your grandchildren/younger generation?”
- Question 9: “Anything else you want to share?”
Editing your movie (we used iMovie):
- Font: Copperplate Bold 115
- Intro and End: Pixiedust (iMovie)
- Transitions: Cube Effect (iMovie)
- Please try to do 1040 on export if possible
- Upload it to Google Drive Here
- When your video is approved, you will be notified that it has been uploaded to the site and YouTube.
We want these videos to look as good as possible, so contact us for help filming/editing, or if you can offer help to others!
Please remember to subscribe to the YouTube channel and keep up with the fantastic Yiayia Papou interviews!