Lights, Camera, Action!
Interviews can be hard…way harder than they look, so here are some tips to keep things focused.
No Background Noise! Keep pets and people far away and out of the interview unless they are answering the questions. People get nervous and talk a lot or not enough. Stay calm and set the pace with your questions. Make sure the lighting is good and the camera is still.
Keep the process as simple, short, and focused as possible.
Ask questions 1 – 3 to start. Please ask 5 questions in total for consistency. If you have time and want to ask more, go ahead!
- Question 1: “What is your name and what Chapter are you a member of?”
- Question 2: “Who are your parents, siblings, children, grandchildren…?”
- Question 3: “What is your favorite part of being an Icarian?”
- Question 4: “Why is the Brotherhood important to you? Why and how have you stayed involved?”
- Question 5: “What is your favorite convention memory?”
- Question 6: “Tell me about your childhood. How was it different than your children’s/grandchildren’s?”
- Question 7: “Can you share a story where you overcame an obstacle (from your heritage, work, home life, school, friends)?
- Question 8: “What advice would you give your grandchildren/younger generation?”
- Question 9: “Anything else you want to share?”
Editing your movie (we used iMovie):
- Font: Copperplate Bold 115
- Intro and End: PIXIEDUST (iMovie)
- Transitions: Cube Effect (iMovie)
- Please try to do 1040 on export if possible
- Upload the Link to YouTube
- Click the upload arrow in the top right corner of the YouTube page (click here for more help)
- When your video is approved, you will be notified that it has been uploaded to the site and YouTube.
We want these videos to look as good as possible, so contact us for help filming/editing or if you can offer help to others!
Please remember to subscribe to the YouTube channel and keep up with the fantastic Yiayia Pappou interviews!